Introducing the Michelada Beer Cocktail | Delicious & Easy Recipe
We're having the hottest summer we can remember. The grass is dead, pavements are melting but BBQ season is alive and well. Throw together this cocktail and you will be the instant BBQ King.
Introducing: The Michelada
This is the undisputed champion of Mexican beer cocktails. It's got everything... refreshing zest and a feisty hot sauce kick. At first glance, it looks like the dirty pint at the end of a good Ring Of Fire session (remember that?) but this drink is genuinely delicious.
- Mexican lager
- Tomato juice
- hot sauce
- Worcestershire sauce
- Soy sauce
- Lime juice
See, we told you this is a random one. Stick with us, this is worth the effort.
Put the salt on a plate, wet the rim of a pint glass and dip it in the salt (you're aiming for an evenly coated salty rim). Fill 1/4 of the pint glass with tomato juice. Add a quick squirt of hot sauce. Give it a couple of drops of soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce. Now, dash in some lime and fill with lager.
- The salt will shock your tastebuds.
- The lager and tomato juice will refresh you.
- The hot sauce will kick in. Your mouth will start to burn.
- You'll panic, reach for the glass and (stupidly) down some more.
- You'll realise that you absolutely love this drink. It will be a revelation.
- You will make five or six more. They'll be gone within an hour.